Mars Hill Fellowship
The Value of Godly Counsel
1) A Godly counselor doesn’t always tell us what we want to hear, or what makes sense according to earthly wisdom, but they weigh the intentions of the heart against the will of God for a situation.
2) We need Godly counsel because we don’t know it all. Pride obscures the benefit of Godly counsel. (Proverbs 12:15)
3) God strategically places counsel(ors) in our lives who help us in discerning the voice + will of God by directing+ confirming the instructions of the Lord. They include:
- Holy Spirit
- Prophetic Voice/Word of Knowledge/Interpretation of Tongues
4) How do we walk in Godly counsel?
- Look for counsel from those who walk in Godly integrity.
- Appreciate counselors that care enough about you to share truthfully.
- Understand that the advice of counsel is not infallible.
- Give deference to those who you recognize that God has strategically placed in your life, but still authenticate the counsel against the Word of the Lord.
AMEN'd this Sermon: