Millcreek Community Church
How To Get the Most Out of a Sermon
How to Get the Most Out of a Sermon
See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity.
Deuteronomy 30:15 (NASB)
I. Truths Concerning True Listening
1. Our Lord is not moved with great crowds, only disciples.
2. Our Lord said that our earthly family is really important, but our Eternal Family is crucial.
3. Our Lord said true salvation is marked by heart obedience.
II. Preparing to Truly Listen On Sunday
Psalm 1:1-3 Page #552
1. Daily chew on God’s Word.
2. Guard your heart.
Watch over your heart with all diligence, For from it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:23 (NASB)
… All my springs of joy are in you. Psalm 87:7 (NASB)
3. Pray to comprehend God’s affection toward you.
4. Learn to come Sundays with a heart of praise.
5. Pray for self, pastor and the people.
….pray on my behalf, … to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, ….that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.” Ephesians 6:19-20
(I want you) …to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:19 (NASB)
(I pray).…that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.
Colossians 1:10 (NASB)
AMEN'd this Sermon: