Millcreek Community Church
The Man Andrew
The Man Andrew
A. Andrew, THE SAINT
I Corinthians 1:2
B. Andrew, THE SECOND FIDDLE
I Corinthians 7:20
C. Andrew, THE PERSONAL EVANGELIST
1. He was sure of his own salvation
2. He went first to his family
3. He went after a difficult case
4. He brought Peter to Jesus
5. He was tactful in his approach
6. He was friendly
Family Faith Sheet
This week’s Transformation Scripture: Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. Matt.5:16 (Cr Ref-1 Peter 2:11-12, James 2:17-18, 1 Tim. 6:18)
Monday – July 9, Reflecting on this past Sunday
Review the message with someone.
Read Ephesians 1:1-2 and Philippians 1:1-2. What qualified the Ephesians and Philippians to be addressed as “saints”? How would you feel if you received a letter addressing you as a saint? Would it be a sense of pride or one of humility? How do those emotions align themselves with how you came to know Christ as your Savior?
Tuesday – July 10, Reflecting on this past Sunday
Read John 1:35-42 and share what you have discovered was one of the most important things we found out about Andrew and his brother. Andrew is only mentioned 3 times in the Gospels and each time he is bringing someone to Jesus. Does this give you greater courage to share the gospel with your own family regardless of the risks?
It seemed that Jesus had a plan for Peter’s life that to us had more kingdom significance than Andrew’s life. Peter was certainly more popular and is still to this day. Discuss how you see that differently now that you understand how God used Andrew to take his brother to the Christ. Does anyone else’s popularity make any difference as to how God uses you in His Kingdom plans?
Wednesday – July 11, Preparing for this upcoming Sunday
Read Jonah 4. Why did Jonah not want to go to his enemies? (vs 2)
What do we learn about God & His nature from this chapter?
Do you think many people see “The God of the Old Testament” the way Jonah did? Why or why not?
Thursday- July 12, Preparing for this upcoming Sunday
1. Read 2 Samuel 9. What moved David to show mercy to someone near him? (see vs. 1)
2. How did Mephibosheth see himself? (see vs. 8)
3. How are we all like Mephibosheth?
Friday- July 13, Preparing for this upcoming Sunday
1. Why is mercy so important in our arsenal to reach the world?
2. Read John 4 and see how Jesus mercifully & compassionately ministered to a woman who needed to see mercy & hear the Gospel. What stands out to you?
3. How might you engage a person in real need this week?
Saturday – July 14, Preparing for tomorrow
Pray for tomorrow’s worship together & for anyone that comes to mind that needs to experience God’s mercy. Maybe that someone is you.
AMEN'd this Sermon: