Building a City Within the City: Fathers & Fighting (Nehemiah 13:23 – 31)
The book of Nehemiah is the story of one man who God called to lead a movement to restore the city of Jerusalem. The city of Jerusalem in the book of Nehemiah very closely resembles what the church is supposed to be. A light in a dark world, a voice calling out the culture to live life differently.
The Big Idea
Nehemiah lays out three things God calls men to be as followers of Jesus.
These are non-negotiables for men.
- What He Must Be...if he Wants to Marry my Daughter (Voddie Baucham)
- Big Truths for Young Hearts: Teaching & Learning the Greatness of God (Bruce Ware)
- Family Driven Faith: Doing What it Takes to Raise Sons & Daughters who Walk with God (Voddie Baucham)
- Begin a relationship with Jesus
- Memorize Ephesians 5:22 - 24
- Men, ask your wife if you embody these 3 things
- Women, pray for your husband to be these 3 things
- If you are a single woman, decide to not settle for less than these 3 things & start praying for a man who embodies these things.
- If you are a single man, strive to embody these 3 things
- Sign up for Newcomer's Brunch on June 6th
- Sign up to serve at day camp this summer
- Start serving at Revolution
AMEN'd this Sermon: