Sunhills Community Church
Jesus Questions Family
Further Reflection, Discussion and Application
- Read Mark 3:31-35 (cf Mt 12:46-59 and Lk 8:19-21).
- What stands out to you from the context of this short passage?
- What were Jesus’ brothers thinking and why (Mk 3:20, 21; cf Jn 7:5)? How did people expect Jesus to respond (Mk 3:31, 32)?
- Why did Jesus respond with this question (and the follow up of v34, 35)? How does this touch your heart/what would you feel if you were there?
- Is Jesus down on family? What supports your answer?
- We’ve said in this series that Jesus’ questions show us something about Him and also show us something about ourselves, and so have the power to shape us. What is that here for you – what do you see about Jesus here? About yourself? How might you be shaped by this question of Jesus?
- What main application will you pursue from this – in response to Jesus, in relation to your family, in connection with other believers?
AMEN'd this Sermon: