connecting people to the gospel
The Sermon Cloud Blog
Dec 01, 2009
Welcome to the new Sermon Cloud! Please click around and check things out. We've done more than just put a fresh coat of paint on things. Here's a few things we've added:
- Most popular sermons. In the footer we've added links to the most downloaded sermons this month and all time.
- Order any list by most recent, most downloads, or most recent sermons. This includes the tag pages, Bible pages, and church pages.
- Filter lists by sermons today, this week, this month, or all time.
- Filter lists book and now chapter as well.
As you look around, if you think of anything else you'd love to see added to the site, drop us a note and let us know.
Jul 06, 2007
Now your Amen's count for even more... We are proud to announce our new podcast, Sermon Cloud Weekly. Every Tuesday night we will publish the most popular sermon from the previous week. If the highest ranking sermon has already been featured, then we'll skip to the next in the list.
Just copy and paste this url into your favorite podcatching software:
or for iTunes, click here:
Apr 12, 2007
Sermon Cloud is a demonstration of the power of the Long Tail. In our case, the top 10 search terms do not represent even 1% of our total traffic. I looked at a recent 30,000 search terms that people searched to come to the site and and only 3 had been searched over 100 times. Here are the top searches that led people to Sermon Cloud:
tim keller podcast
sermons on the resurrection
sermons on prayer
1 john 3:11-24
sermons on esther
sermons on sin
sermons on hope
sermons on joy
sermons on forgiveness
sermons on unity
sermons on praise
sermons on love
Nov 20, 2006
One of the cool things about Sermon Cloud is it gives you a sort of sermon zeitgeist. Because Sermon Cloud is fairly new, it has taken a bit to find out what people are preaching on and who are the popular preachers. Here are some tidbits:
1) Donald Miller, author of Blue Like Jazz, has the most popular sermon (in terms of downloads) at Sermon Cloud. He preached Incarnational Gospel at his home church Imago Dei. It has been downloaded over 1,000 times.
2) The most popular preacher in terms of people 'searching' is Tim Keller from Redeemer NY.
3) You can view where all the churches are and find out who is preaching in your home town using Church Cloud.
4) In light of the Ted Haggard scandal, only one sermon (Check Your Posture: A Message Regarding Ted Haggard)had his name in the title or meta tags. But during that week this was the most popular sermon.
Nov 03, 2006
Welcome to Sermon Cloud! It's been a great beginning as we've launched this new service in September. Since we've launched, Sermon Cloud has had tens-of-thousands of visitors. Hundreds of churches are now using Sermon Cloud to manage their sermon audio and podcasts. In fact we already have over 1,200 sermons on the site. That is a rapid pace. We're excited that you have found us and hope to offer additional services and interaction to provide the best online sermon resource to our users. From all of us at Monk Development and the Ekklesia 360 team, thanks for being a part of this community.